Back in January, I blogged my winter projects. In the last two weekends I made big progress on the boat. Here is where I am on my Winter Projects:
2.Empty fuel and water tanks. Water tank is mysteriously empty but so are bilges. Need to investigate. Still need to deal with gas tank.
3. Replace the pipes from the water tank to the outlets. Fuggedaboutit! Too complicated will use Carol Anne's bleach idea.
4. Clean and grease the four winches. Still need to do but can do it on the water.
5. Paint the bottom with anti-foulant. Done x2. Oh yeah baby do I have a beautiful blue bottom or what?
6. Clean and polish the hull. I can see my face in it.
7. Clean the top-sides. Done.
8. Replace the halyards. Bought 'em now need to run through the mast.
9. Install stops for the halyards and remove the cleats. Bought it but won't install till I have stepped the mast. Want to get the position right
10. Buy longer dock-lines. Need to buy
11. Inspect the shrouds and stays. Need to do
12. Buy a new life-sling. Need to buy
13. Clean and varnish or treat the woodwork. Probably won't get to till boat's in the water. I need to buy a pipe and an old Fisherman's hat so I can look like a wooden boat guy.
14. Replace the masthead and forward starboard light bulbs. Checked and done.
15. Fix masthead switch. Not so much
Progress not Perfection but I am actually ready to put Messing About in the water. Bring on Haul-in Day!