He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. Douglas Adams
This time of year, I find it's especially good to fantasize about dream sailing destinations? I have many.
- Top of my list for tropical destinations is Fiji for a perfect combination of tropical paradise, great sailing, different culture and some cool diving.
- For my 50th birthday, I plan (we''ll see if it happens) to go to the Galapagos. I am a Darwin buff, but mostly for the animals, plants and stuff. I hear the sailing is a little tame but the diving is incredible.
- Working its way to the Top of my list is sailing around Cape Horn, the Beagle Channel and Ushuaia (sp?).
- At some point I want to sail the Classic Race Week in Antigua
- Schooner sailing in Maine
What are your dream destinations?
I will add these to the Great Places to Sail Map and post them as they come in.