THE RESULTS OF THIS SURVEY CAN BE FOUND HERE
A while ago, I came across the Top 10 Boat Names according to Boat US. Many of them are plain stupid, not least the #1 boat name, Aquaholic. Pu-lease!
In doing a bit of digging around, I found some other dumb names for a boat. Panbo had some great ones like the one pictured here. Imagine calling Mayday on your VHF in this boat.
Bernie Ebbers, the jailed former CEO of Worldcom's yacht was called Aquasition. He deserved time for that alone.
I thought it might be a good wide to come up with the top 10 Stupidest Boat names.
Let me know your favorite stupidest boat names. I will send a Top 10 Sailing CD to the best 3 submissions.
Here are some other beauties I found pecking around:
- a Little Nauti
- Adoryble (On a Cape Dory Typhoon)
- All Gulls and No Buoys
- All my Ex's (on a stinkpot so had it coming)
- Bad Atti-toad
- Bada-bing-bada boom (another aquamoron)
- Banker's Hours
- Bay Bay
- Baysic Necessity
- Beaverlicious (hmm! interesting)
- Beer Bait n 'Ammo
- Bezerker (a little scary as it was on a Hallberg Rassy)
- Better Knot
- Between the Sheets
- Big E Nuf (amazingly this was a sailboat. Probably motored a lot)
- Bikini Bottom
- Bimini Cricket
- Bite Me (on a fishing boat)
- Knotty Boys (at least it wasn't knotty buoys)
- Messing About (what an excellent name for a boat)
- Bottoms Up
- Buoys in the Hood
- Learning Curve (written upside down on a sailboat)
- Sea ya
- Tip Sea
- Itza -Du-Zea (Oyvay)
- Tax Seavation
- Slipless in Seattle (now that's clever)
- Feelin Nauti (I bet you are)
- Nauti Girl
- Nauti & Nice
- Reel Nauti
- Nauti Nurses (I think most of the Eastern Fleet would show up if they ran into trouble)
- Nauti Intentions (OK now I am going to throw up)