Adam told me of the top ten sailing tunes project over a few pints the other night. Impressed by the fact that Brandy by Looking Glass cracked the top ten, I offered to chime in with some alternative nautical tunes (after a few semi-drunken bars of the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald). Thought I'm not a sailor, I hope to be considered semi-qualified as a native Floridian and earnest musician. Here you go -
1. The Mariner's Revenge Song by The Decemberists - An epic tale of scallywags, whales and vengence!
2. Sea Legs by The Shins.
3. What's An Ocean For? by White Whale.
4. O'Sailor by Fiona Apple.
5. Sail To The Moon by Radiohead.
6. Across Yer Ocean by Mercury Rev.
7. The Mollusk by Ween.
8. Up The Beach/Ocean Size by Janes Addiction.
9. Dramamine by Modest Mouse.
10. Lazy Flies by Beck - "out of the mangroves a miner bird cries".
Hope you enjoy them - Scott